On Paper: Converting a Number to a String for Display on LCD
To be able to send a number as a string to the LCD that comes from a variable, a function must be used to convert the number to a string. Two functions are available for this: itoa and dtostrf. Itoa is for integer conversion to string. Dtostrf is for converting double precision numbers to string.
The functions syntax:
itoa(value, character array, base);
dtostrf(value, width, precision, character array);
- value is the variable that contains the number
- character array is the output string
- base - binary - 2, decimal - 10, hexadecimal - 16
- width - the length of the final string including the sign. (i.e. -123.45 would be 7)
- Precision if the number of digits after the decimal.
Comments and Additional Information
Have some code to share? Or additional information? Respond here:
You need to be logged in to save a response on this page. The response must be constructive, helpful, supplimentary or to correct the existing video, code or narrative content.